donate
  Updates

Acid burn; 1 injured

Thoothukudi, 18 November, 2011 -- One Sterlite staffer, Sreenivasa Rao, sustained burn injuries after he slipped into a gutter carrying acid in the refinery area of the Sterlite copper plant in Thoothukudi. He was immediately taken to AVM Hospital, where his burns were treated. He was discharged and taken home the same day.

The factory is operating under a temporary reprieve granted by the Supreme Court after the Madras High Court shut it down for environmental violations in September 2010.

   
   
   
   
   
   
Home