Acid leak in Chemplast PVC Plant injures 4 workers
Cuddalore, 30 January 2010: Four contract workers were injured in an acid leak at the Chemplast Sanmar PVC plant in Cuddalore. According to sources, the accident took place inside the factory due to a leak in the sulphuric acid pump at about 11.20 pm on 24th January 2010. While 3 workers were given first aid on the spot, one worker, Sugan of Subraminiyampurm village in Cuddalore, was hospitalised in Arvind Eye Hospital, Pondicherry, for eye injuries. Sugan was released from the hospital about three days later.
A complaint has been filed with the Factories Inspector about the incident.