Sipcot Area - Community Environmental Monitors

Boiler explosion at Loyal Superfabrics; One injured

Cuddalore, 10 March, 2006 — A casual worker operating a steam boiler in Loyal Superfabrics — an industrial textile manufacturer — was injured after he was exposed to a gust of super-heated steam. D. Sakthivel, aged 23,¬†of Karaikadu village was burnt on one side of his face and his arm. According to one report, “The company dumped him in a private hospital and left. The doctor there asked the victim to go home, shower and return because he was covered with soot from
the boiler.”

Seeing his condition, Pazha Thamaraikannan — the Chairman of the Cuddalore District Panchayat Union Council — took him to the Government Hospital and got him admitted there. Further details regarding identity of the worker and police
investigations, if any, are awaited.

Boiler explosion at Loyal Superfabrics; One injured
Scroll to top