Sipcot Area - Community Environmental Monitors

Two hurt in fire mishap

Thursday March 30 2006 10:31 IST

New
Indian Express

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IET20060330001027&Page=T&Title=Southern+News+-+Tamil+Nadu&Topic=0

CUDDALORE:

Two workers sustained serious burns in a fire mishap that occurred in an ethanol-manufacturing unit in SIPCOT complex, near here on Wednesday. P Radhakrishnan (47) and K Kamalakannan (40) of Thiyagavalli village were admitted to a private hospital. According to sources, as many as eight labourers were working in a chemical godown in an ethanol-manufacturing unit in the wee hours of Wednesday. The fire broke out following short-circuit in the storeroom at 3.30 a.m. Thick smoke engulfed the room and flames gripped the chemical that was stored in the room. The increase in temperature set fire to the chemical, which subsequently led to an explosion.

Two workers sustained serious burns, while six others escaped from the unit. The staff rushed the injured workers to a private hospital. Port police have registered a case and are investigating the incident.

Two hurt in fire mishap
Scroll to top