17 February 2005
Another case of industrial accident was reported from SIPCOT Cuddalore. SACEM reports that fire broke out in Omni Cast Pvt. Ltd. on 15 February 2005, between 2:15 pm to 3:00 pm. According to the reports the fire was caused by spillage of the molten metal between the boiler and the moulding unit of the industry. The workers of the factory got together and put out the fire. The company did not report the matter to the factories inspectorate, which is mandatory in case of an industrial accident.
There were no reports of injury to anyone due to the accident. A few years ago a similar accident in the factory had claimed three lives.
This is also the fourth case of industrial accident in SIPCOT in last ten days. Earlier there were accidents reported from Tagros Chemicals and Tantech Agro Chemicals.
- Leak of Hydrochloric Acid from a tanker of M/s Tagros Chemicals (P) Ltd in SIPCOT Cuddalore
- Industrial accident in M/s Tagros Chemicals (P) Ltd.
- Workplace accident: Tantech Worker Injured