16 hurt after chemical leak sparks fire

November 22, 2012


Cuddalore: Sixteen workers and two fire and rescue services personnel were injured in a fire at an industrial unit in the SIPCOT industrial estate in Cuddalore on Wednesday.


Police said workers of Arkema India Private Limited were engaged in transferring inflammable chemical hydro peroxide from a container imported from China into 190kg barrels and in transporting the barrels to the godown when the accident took place. One of the barrels slipped while transporting and the chemical inside leaked leading to the fire.


Fair Use Statement

16 hurt after chemical leak sparks fire
Scroll to top